Built for divers
Wey Chieftain IV is a purpose built dive vessel with the design capability to transport up to 12 fully equipped divers quickly and comfortably to both inshore and offshore sites.
The vessel’s design is a displacement catamaran. Rather than plane over the water, she cuts through it giving speed combined with a dry ride. You may notice on board, the vessel has virtually no bow wave. She’s powered by two Yanmar 3.5l engines each providing 240 BHP of thrust, allowing us to reach offshore wrecks with short journey times.
Superbly comfortable platform
In combination with her efficient hull design she’s able to cruise at up to 20 knots with fantastic lateral stability, making her a superb platform to dive from.
Her other features include:
- A large dive deck offering acres of space for divers to kit up
- Tailgate diver lift
- A spacious and comfortable wheelhouse
- On-board toilet and galley
- Full safetey equipment 14 man life-raft, 2 independent VHF, hand-held VHF, lifejackets, TPAs, 3 fire extinguishers, continuous supply O2 kit, separate demand valve O2 kit.
- Raymarine charting, sounder, radar, AIS and auto-pilot